Prior to the applicant's arrival in Australia:
- Application is submitted by e-mail, using the UNIShare application form.
- UNIShare processes application, follows up references, and offers the applicant a room if successful.
- If accommodation offer is accepted by applicant, landlord e-mails a tenancy agreement for signature.
- Upon receipt of signed agreement, landlord provides bank details for payment of security bond.
- Applicant transfers security bond amount to UNIShare account.
After the applicant's arrival in Australia:
- Applicant makes contact with UNIShare, and an appointment is made for check-in.
- The first 2 weeks rent is payable at check-in.
- Note: Please advise in your application whether you intend to keep a car at the property. Parking is limited and each property can accommodate no more than 2 residents with cars.
Who can be My Referees?
UNIShare requires two references to support each application; from a personal character referee, and an academic of employer referee.
- Your personal character referee can be a personal friend, or work colleague, or a member of your sports team; in other words, anyone who knows you well.
- Your academic/employer referee can be a current or former teacher or academic supervisor; or your current or former employer in part time or full time work.
- Please provide the name and e-mail address of each of your nominated referees. I will send them each an e-mail, requesting that they provide a reference for you.
- Note: members of your immediate family are not eligible to be your referee.
Signing the Tenancy Contract
If your application is successful, the Landlord will send you a tenancy agreement to sign and return.
- Sign the front sheet of the contract, initial or sign sheets 2 and 3, then scan the signed document (single pdf file preferred!) and e-mail it back to landlord.
- The landlord will provide UNIShare bank details. The applicant pays the security bond (the bond amount is equivalent of two weeks' rent) by electronic funds transfer (on-line banking).
- Upon receipt of security bond, landlord informs applicant that room is reserved for applicant.